Tuesday, September 22, 2009

We're getting close

The end of our trip is near. I have mixed emotions as Sandi and I are getting ready to come home. Today was a fun day. As you've seen from Sandi's post, we did the "Red Couch" photo and somebody wasn't very cooperative. Then we swam, bought a bunch of stuff and had a group dinner. All in all, a great day.

I don't remember what I've posted recently, so I apologize if there's any repeat. Zachary was blessed by a Buddhist monk yesterday. That was really cool. I'm not sure if we have any pictures, but I'm hoping somebody in the group got one with us in the background at least.

I've learned a lot during this trip. Here are some key things:

1. Zachary is a neat, resilient little boy. He learns so quickly and we learn more about him every day. He's got a great personality.

2. This is no surprise as I knew going in that Sandi is a wonderful mother. Her heart is so full of love for this little guy.

3. The bond you feel with your travel group is incredible. There aren't many times in life where you will be with a group of people who 100% understand what you're going through. We've been together about 2 weeks, but the thought of leaving them on Friday really makes me sad.

4. The food here is great.

5. The Chinese people are wonderful. People stop to talk to us and people love waving to Zach. He's gotten very good at waving back. Some have asked us how often we plan on bringing him back to visit. We've told them as often as we are able.

6. I can't wait to come back.

7. When I do come back, I'm going to have practiced ping-pong and hackey sack so I do well.

8. I can't wait to get home so you can all meet this charming little guy (he's snoring as I write this). He can saw some logs.

I've got to go now. I don't want to wake him up. He had a big day with a late nap. He wakes up like his dad, crabby and incoherent.

Have a great day! See you soon.
Tom

No comments:

Post a Comment