Sunday, September 13, 2009

Greetings

Hello everyone!

Sandi and I are in Guangzhou now. We had a 2 hour and 50 minute flight from Beijing this morning. We had to get up at 4:30 to be ready for a 5:45 departure. It is very hot and humid here. It feels like Orlando in July. I don't think it every gets much cooler than 60 degrees here, so Zach will be in for quite a surprise when he sees snow for the first time.

I'm happy to say that I am not sore from climbing to the top of the Great Wall yesterday. It was quite a feat. I thought about quitting multiple times, but we had a 7 year old girl in our group who kept going. Her parents quit and she kept going. I don't know for sure that she cleared going with us with her parents, so the group of us that made it to the top kept going so we could keep an eye on her. I am committed to getting into better shape when we get home.

I think Sandi is going to take a snooze here in a second.

The White Swan hotel is great from what we've seen so far. I can't wait to check out a little more. The front desk just called me to make sure that our room is okay. China is fascinating and we love it here.

We still can't access the blog, so if you are leaving comments, we can't see them. We have to post everything through email, so if you want to drop us a line, you can do so at soerter@yahoo.com or toerter@yahoo.com.

Tomorrow is the big day. They just brought Zach's crib to the room. Keep us in your thoughts. We can't wait to see everyone and introduce Zach to the USA.

Good day to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment