Friday, September 18, 2009

Quite the compliment

While we were at the park today, I asked our guide Kelly if they had a table tennis park. I told her that I played a little bit and wanted to see it. When we got to the tables, she found a woman who was willing to play against me. We had a nice little crowd watching us. She was really good and I think she was taking it easy on me, but I did manage to score a few points.

There were quite a few laughs when I was chasing down the balls she smashed at me. The people watching us told our guide that out of all of the Americans that have stopped to try their hand at ping-pong against the local talent, that I was the best they've seen. It was very nice of them and it is a great memory for me and a good laugh for the wonderful people who let me play for 5 minutes.

I'm going to practice a little before we come back. I know I can do much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment