I felt like a mom last year on Mother's Day, but this year is different. Zachary is here. Zachary is home. I am his Mama. He loves me and I love him. I am proud and honored to be his forever mom...the one that is going to raise him and love him for all of my days. My heart bursts with joy knowing that he is my son.
Yet on Mother's Day, his China mom is on my mind and in my heart. She must have been a beautiful and loving person to have given birth to my child. Her heart must ached to a degree that I cannot even begin to understand when she made the decision that she was not able to raise him. I refuse to place any judgement about her decision because I have never walked in her shoes and do not know her life. I do know that she gave birth to an angel.
I wish that I could tell her that he has a family that loves him to pieces. I wish that I could thank her for loving Zachary enough to want a better life for him. I wish so many things....
I'm also thinking about my mom. I wish that Zachary could know his Grandma. She would have adored him and he would have adored her. I hope that she would be proud of who I have become and the mother that I am becoming. She was an amazing woman. If I could be anything like her, that would be a true gift.
Happy Mother's Day!
Sandi
Saturday, May 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment